Foundations and Grantors for Co-op Development
Revision as of 15:09, 24 February 2016 by WikiSysop
Foundations Supporting Co-op Education and Development
While co-ops are a business primarily financed through member equity and often debt, there is a small number of private foundations that support the development of a co-op. Note, frequently this may require the co-op to be umbrellaed under an existing 501(c)3 organization.
- Cooperative Development Foundation: "CDF is a charitable foundation that raises funds to provide community developers with the hardest money to get- the first dollar in."
- Ralph K. Morris Foundation: "The Ralph K. Morris Cooperative Leadership Fund has been established by the Ralph K. Morris Foundation to support the development of future cooperative leaders."
- The Blooming Prairie Foundation: "...the Foundation works to promote greater awareness and availability of organic and natural products and cooperative development..."
- The Cooperative Foundation: "The Cooperative Foundation is a steadfast supporter of cooperative development, research, and education"
- CHS Foundation: "CHS Foundation is the major giving entity for CHS Inc" and "...is committed to investing in the future of rural America, agriculture and cooperative business through education and leadership development.
- WedgeShare: "...a charitable giving program based on Cooperative principle #7..."