Anti-Oppression Resources for Cooperatives
These are resources that can help cooperatives learn, adopt, and practice anti-oppression principles.
- Anti-Oppression Zine for co-ops by the North American Students for Cooperation (NASCO). This document is ready to be printed and folded into a 'zine.
- NASCO's packet for their 2009 Action Camp. This is an introductory anti-oppression resource for co-ops, collectives, and democratically run communities.
- Anti-Oppression resources for further self-education (books, organizations, films, magazines, websites etc.).
- A sample grant form.
Anti-Racism and Racial Justice Focus
- Racial Justice
- Dismantling Racism. A very useful resource that focuses on anti-racist organizational development (i.e. non-profit organizations, community organizations).
- Anti-Oppression Resource and Training Alliance (AORTA) is a collective that offers training and consulting.
- Anti-Oppression Resources by Mira Luna. Compilation of free online educational resources and articles, oriented towards coops and social change groups that want learn, discuss and integrate anti-oppression practices, including some group activities, cartoons, films, and books.
- Educating the Cooperative Movement about Anti-Oppression: NASCO taking a lead on organizational and grassroots levels at GEO.Coop (Grassroots Economic Organizing) by Mingwei Huang, 2010.
- Cooperative Principles Can Be Applied in School Settings at GEO.Coop by kiran nigam, 2010.
- Starting a diversity committee in cooperatives
- Racial Justice Initiatives in Your Cooperative
- Examining Power and Privilege in Co-ops (Activities/Discussion Starters)
- Power Dynamics in Diverse Groups (Facilitated Discussions)
- Power Dynamics in Cooperatives (Longer Activities)